In today’s world, Artificial Intelligence is becoming an important and integral part of basic human life and many times humans ignore the importance of artificial intelligence or machine learning. For a definition, artificial intelligence is part of computer science which demonstrates by machines to learn, unlike the natural intelligence who human display in any situation. Every machine nowadays contains at least one element that directly related to machine learning for example camera’s sensors contains artificial intelligence where camera attempt to understand and distinguish between many spots in their input to provide the best output that’s why all smartphone nowadays have AI-powered camera for satisfactory output although it is a minor example how much AI is part of any individual life and just like every modern tech development. Machine learning also contains both pros and cons. If human will use AI in limit and the reasonable way it can help to improve the human standard and if they choose another way it can destroy human civilization therefor a few countries came together and formed a partnership Global Partnership On Artificial Intelligence(GPAI) which will try to control and limit AI research so that is never able to destroy human civilization and shouldn’t exceed intelligence more than human. Founding members of GPAI platform include Australia, Canada, EU, Germany, Italy, India, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, Republic of Korea, United States of America(USA) and United Kingdom(UK).
GPAI will focus on functions like bridge the gap between theory and practice and support cutting edge technology as well as bring together leading researchers from every industry where AI should apply and it will focus on accountable AI, innovation, and commercialization.
However, GPAI will be supported by an Organization For Economic Cooperation And Development(OCED). OCED define artificial intelligence as “Artificial Intelligence is transforming every aspect of our lives. It influences how we work and play. It promises to help solve global changes like climate change and access to quality medical care. Yet AI also brings changes real challenge for government and cities alike” and it also defines principles for trustworthy AI and it includes a total of five complimentary value-based principles and in involves
- AI should benefit people and the planet by driving inclusive growth, sustainable development, and well-being.
- AI systems should be designed in a way that respects the rule of law, human rights, democratic values, and diversity, and they should include appropriate safeguards – for example, enabling human intervention where necessary – to ensure a fair and just society.
- There should be transparency and responsible disclosure around AI systems to ensure that people understand AI-based outcomes and can challenge them.
- AI systems must function in a robust, secure, and safe way throughout their life cycles and potential risks should be continually assessed and managed.
- Organizations and individuals developing, deploying or operating AI systems should be held accountable for their proper functioning in line with the above principles
For more details:- http://www.oecd.org/going-digital/ai/principles/
This kind of global partnership and international standards are necessary for sustainable development and trustworthy AI despite the fact that it includes few countries and many countries should join this kind of partnership and any race or development between two hostile countries can lead to demolishing all effort for trustworthy AI just like nuclear race and space race between USA and USSR in middle 20th century.